2.06.2009

BBQ Beef Brisket

I mentioned on my other blog we recently bought a 1/8 of a cow for our freezer. I don't cook a ton of red meat, so I figured these 50 lbs of beef would last us about a year, assuming I used one pound of beef a week. About a month after getting the DELICIOUS meat, I realized that I hadn't been using my planned 1 lb per week. I need to pick up the pace! Already!

I rummaged around the different cuts of meat for something interesting, and found a wide flat cut called a brisket. And, oh, am I glad I did!
For the meat:
1 C water, plus more to cover
1/4 C worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp vinegar
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 Tbsp brown mustard
2 minced cloves garlic
1 cube beef bouillon
1 cut beef brisket, trimmed of most fat and cut to fit in your crockpot, if necessary

Put the beef in the crockpot. Mix all the sauce ingredients together and pour over the beef. Add water to cover the beef. Cook on low for 12 hours or more. Shred with a fork and serve on buns covered in BBQ sauce*.

* I made my own BBQ sauce, but I'm not 100% happy with it yet- it was too sweet- so I'll post the recipe later when I'm content with the results

1 comment:

A Gilmore Girls Fan said...

Hello there!

I found you through an old blog makeover giveaway entry. I noticed that you did not win. I am a custom blog designer, and I am offering a super sale on complete blog makeovers featuring the whole shebang (anything you want). If you sign up before the 20th of this month, it will only cost you a mere $25.50. If you get someone else to sign up, it will only cost you $20.

Please check out my portfolio at SubjectiveBeauty.com and feel free to contact me if you have any questions about my services or work at webmaster@subjectivebeauty.com.

I should also add, that you do not pay until you are 100% satisfied with your design. I rework designs as many times as needed to please the customer.

I'd love to design a special blog for you :o)

Followers