1 cup sugar
2 TB. cornstarch
10 ripe medium peaches (~4 lbs), peeled and sliced
2 TB. lemon juice
1 tsp ginger
2 refrigerated pie crusts
1 egg white
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 TB. sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a 13x9-inch pan.
2. Mix sugar and cornstarch in a large bowl. Add peaches, lemon juice and ginger. Toss to coat and set aside for 15 minutes.
4. Roll out one of the prepared pie crust so that it's approximately oval (rectangular). Place dough in prepared pan, wrapping dough up the sides of the pan. The pie crust won't fill the whole thing, but do your best. Pour peach mixture on top of dough.
5. Cut remaining pie crustinto 1/4"-1/2" strips and arrange in a lattice pattern over peaches (diagonally is easiest). Squeeze edges of strips with bottom dough to seal, where possible. Mix cinnamon and sugar together. Brush strips with egg white and sprinkle with cinnamon mixture.
6. Bake about 45 minutes until bubbly and crust is golden. Serve warm.
And, of course, the cookies: