I modified the recipe to use what I had on hand, so here's what I did:
* 1 pound of ground turkey
* 1 can of corn
* 1 bag of egg noodles
* 1.5 C shredded cheddar
* 1 C shredded mozzarella
* Two cans of cream of tomato soup.
* 2 Tbsp garlic, chopped and minced
* dry parsley
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cook your egg noodles according to package. While noodles are cooking, brown the meat with the garlic. Add herbs toward end of cooking.
- Drain your noodles and your meat, combine in a big casserole dish. Stir in the corn, cheese and tomato soup.
- Put in oven and bake for 15 minutes. Top with mozzarella cheese and raise the temperature of the oven to 400. Cook for an additional 10 minutes.
Next time, I might experiment with adding more sauce or more cheese on the top. I will also cut the recipe in half. so this isn't all we're eating for the week!
Lesson learned: Even if it's the end of the day, and I'm in need of a dinner recipe quickly, I need to read through the whole thing! I was lucky that this worked out in the end.