3.26.2007

When Life Gives You Strawberries

Originally published at Keeping feet on 8/16/2006

I mentioned earlier that my sister and her boyfriend came over for fondue last weekend. My sister was in charge of bringing fruit for dessert, to dip in the chocolate fondue, and she brought some very good strawberries and pineapple. While we were eating however, we forgot about over half of the fruit (but that was OK- we were stuffed and barely finished what we had out!) so, come Monday, I had a large container of pineapple and a pint of strawberries left over. I went to pack the fruit in my lunch for Monday and noticed that the strawberries were on the verge of going bad.

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade, they say. So what did I do?

I came home during lunch Monday and used the strawberries, our Pampered Chef food chopper, and our handy-dandy ice cream maker to make some beautiful, no-artificial-colors-or-flavors strawberry ice cream!



I followed the directions in the ice cream maker manual and it actually turned out a little too sweet. No complaints, though.

Now I have to figure out what to do with the pineapple. I used about a third of it as a topping for the ham steaks Josh grilled us last night, and that was good, but I still have a decent amount more. Any ideas?

No comments:

Followers