8.17.2009

Easy Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Cookies

The goal this month is to use what I have on hand, and I'm doing my best to stick to it, even when that means cooking for others. It's my turn to bring dessert for our bible study group- 8 adults and 5 kids. What's in the pantry that I can share?
1 box chocolate cake mix
2 eggs
1/2 C oil
1 C chocolate chips

Mix first 3 ingredients together, then stir in chocolate chips. Form into balls and flatten. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. Let cool before removing from baking sheet. Makes about 4 dozen.

Notes: The recipe I had found called for 2 cups of chocolate chips, but the 1 1/2 cups I used seemed like too much, and I was afraid the cookies weren't going to hold together. This is a very oily dough.

The result: I made chocolate cookies from a cookie mix a while back and was VERY disappointed- they were tasteless! These, on the other hand are chocolatey and moist (but not cakey) and really tasty cookies. I will be making them again. Bonus? cake mix can usually be gotten for free or almost-free with combined coupons and sales at the grocery store.

Yes, they tasted as good as they look.

No comments:

Followers