7.02.2007

Strawberry Pie

When I uploaded pictures for this post, I went to check them out in my "Cooking Fun" photo album and realized- I started cooking food, photographing it, and blogging about it (albeit not here) one year ago! How do I know? Well, the very first picture, taken with my film SLR camera and scanned in to post online. The cookies were made with a Betty Crocker mix (that I still use on occasion!), probably with canned icing, and sprinkles. They were a hit when I took them to fourth of July festivities, so I took them to the family reunion in August as well!

This year, things are different. I have a digital SLR camera, so the pictures are better. I still made a fairly-easy dessert (or rather, I wouldn't exactly call it "made from scratch") for the early fourth of July party on Saturday, and it was well received. I was bit disappointed- it didn't hold together as I had hoped it would, so my "strawberry pie" turned into a "pile of strawberries, with a little crust" when actually scooped onto the plate. Before being scooped, however, the dessert was beautiful.
Strawberry Pie
1 1/2 lbs strawberries
1/3 C blueberries
Cool Whip
1 pre-made pie crust
1/2 bag of strawberry filling goo "glaze" *

Bake the pie crust according to package directions. In the meantime, slice the strawberries and mix them with the "glaze". If desired, reserve a few strawberries for garnish on top.
Pour the strawberry mixture into the cooled pie shell. Top with remaining strawberries, blueberries, and Cool Whip.

* If I did this again, I wouldn't use the strawberry goo glaze. It had a very-artificial taste to it I didn't like very much. Also, I used 1 bag for 2 pies, though the recipe on the back of the bag says to use the whole bag for 1 pie- this could be where my problem of the pies not holding together very well came into play.

More beautiful pictures:

2 comments:

ashley said...

mmmm.... this makes me hungry....

Daniel and Teresa said...

Blueberries... I'm jealous! As nice as mangoes and pinnapples are, I miss blueberries...

Followers