7.25.2007

Lunch at work: Caprese Sandwich

Inspired by Monday's Betty Crocker Recipe of the Day, yesterday morning I decided to try an experiment while packing my lunch- a basil, mozzarella, and tomato sandwich.

Caprese Sandwich

1 small tomato, sliced thick
4-5 fresh basil leaves (I really like basil...)
Mozzarella cheese (fresh is better, but I only had shredded cheese)
2 slices of bread

How to pack the lunch:
Place tomato slices and basil leaves in a sandwich bag. Pack the bread and cheese separately. Put everything in the refrigerator when you get to work. Put your name on it, if you're afraid someone will steal it.

At work, I have access to a toaster and a toaster oven. When lunchtime came, I placed the tomato slices in the toaster oven (set to "broil") topped with basil and cheese, to melt the shredded cheese. If you're using fresh mozzarella, this would be unnecessary. Toast the bread. Pile everything into the sandwich. Enjoy a fresh, gourmet sandwich from the comfort of your office breakroom. Observe how jealous your coworkers are.

No comments:

Followers