4.20.2007

Super-easy Chicken Tetrazzini

Tetrazzini is a nice, creamy comfort food around here and, last night, when dinner got started later than usual, it was also a super-quick dinner, and great leftovers to take to lunch today!

I realized after cooking last night that my recipe for this dish is very approximate. It's very forgiving, and I've looked online and found that there's a large variety of recipes. This is definitely one of the simpler ones. What I did:
Ingredients:
- a handful of spaghetti, broken in half then cooked (told you it was approximate!)
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 can of Cream of Mushroom soup
- 1 scant can-full milk
- shredded cheddar cheese

Heat the oven to 375. Mix spaghetti, chicken, soup and milk. Mix a handful of cheese in as well, and spread in a baking dish. top with a layer of cheese. Bake until cheese is melted but not too brown, and casserole is bubbling, about 25 minutes.

Someday I will be a better chef (or a better food blogger...) and actually write down what I do. And take pictures. As it is, you'll just have to trust me that two of us enjoyed this so much that it got snarfed down over last night's dinner and today's lunch. It really is a nice last-minute, hot dinner.

No comments:

Followers