3.27.2007

Gingerbread houses

Originally posted at keeping feet on 12/22/06

From Gingerbread H...
My little sister's 21st birthday was Tuesday. Tuesday night she went out with her sorority sisters, and I didn't ask many questions about the night. Wednesday night, we went with my parents, her and her boyfriend's family to Cheeseburger in Paradise, and had a delightful time. I forgot my camera-- bad Joanna.

At the end of the evening, I invited Caroline to come over last night to make gingerbread houses with us. Let's get this straight: I know nothing about making gingerbread houses. It just sounded like a good thing to do. I had bought icing, M&M's & gumdrops that I had used to decorate cookies earlier in the week, so I had the basic ingredients. Except graham crackers. I had to call Caroline & have her & Josh pick those up. I picked up some red-hots and little candycanes as well.

I suppose these weren't TRUE gingerbread houses, not actually containing any gingerbread, but that didn't bother us. We all had trouble getting a roof to be shaped like a triangle. The girls gave up & had flat roofs, the Joshes added a semblance of a triangle to the top of their houses. I had trouble keeping graham crackers from shattering into pieces. I ended up with a pentagonal house with shorter walls :) After making a mess of our dining room table, we utilized the gift we gave Caroline for her birthday and played Catchphrase.

Anyway, check out the crazy fun in the photo album.

No comments:

Followers