12.13.2007

Chicken Nuggets

When I don't know what's for dinner, and have a little over a half-hour to have it on the table, one of my go-to meals is my mom's chicken nugget recipe. It's not fancy but it's easy, and my husband really likes it, so it works out all around. Because the meal is usually an afterthought, my recipe is very approximate. You can do what works well for your family.
Chicken Nuggets

You will need:
- Chicken breasts: 1 to 1 1/2 per person, depending on how hungry everyone is. I don't worry about leftovers, because these nuggets heat up pretty well the next day.
- Bread crumbs- I use the Italian-seasoned ones
- 1+ T Parmesan (optional) - to mix with the bread-crumb coating
- Butter or margarine, melted

Cut the chicken into 1-inch cubes. Preheat the oven to 400. Have a bowl with melted butter and a bowl with the bread crumbs (with Parmesan mixed in if you want) ready, as well as a cookie sheet. I set up a little assembly line in my kitchen with the chicken cubes on one side, then the butter, then the breadcrumbs, then the cookie sheet. This a great part for the kids to help with! Dip the chicken in the butter, then the breadcrumbs, then place on the cookie sheet. Bake for 20-30 minutes till the chicken is cooked through and the outside coating is dried (I don't like it when it is soggy.) While the nuggets are baking, I usually fix a side like green beans or mashed potatoes.

No comments:

Followers